Join Our Team
CITEC is hiring an Accounting/Office Manager.
If you have a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions to obstacles; if you are energized when juggling multiple balls, and find even mundane tasks satisfying because you know they are critical to the organization's success; if you have knack for strengthening processes to improve quality and efficiency; and you are obsessed with maintaining accurate records and presenting the data, you may be a perfect fit for CITEC's open Accounting/Office Manager position.
CITEC Business Solutions is hiring an Accounting/Office Manager to provide critical accounting, administrative, IT, and HR leadership and support at our Potsdam office.
The Accounting/Office Manager reports directly to the Executive Director, oversees an office assistant, and works closely with CITEC staff, contractors, clients, and partners.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile all accounting transactions, e.g., general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, etc.
- Prepare financial statements, budgets, and reports as scheduled
- Analyze and summarize financial information
- Review and optimize accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in standards setting, the forecast process, and goal setting
- Support annual financial audits
- Lead month-end and year-end close processes
- Develop and document processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Plan, assign, and review Office Assistant's work
- Manage on-boarding of new staff
- Payroll responsibilities with a contract payroll services company
- Purchase and maintain computers, software, communications and other office equipment, and database organization and management with assistance from contract providers as needed
- Maintain hardware inventory
- Provide day-to-day IT support
Other duties as they arise.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5 years previous accounting/office manager experience or an associate degree in a business field with 3 years accounting/office manager experience, or a BS in a business field with one year accounting/office manager experience
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and coaching skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, QuickBooks, and online CRM experience (like Salesforce)
- Proven organizational skills
- Previous experience in supervision and contract management
- Previous experience in maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware and software
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Medical insurance, life insurance and disability benefits
- Retirement Savings Plan
- A great working environment with fun and talented co-workers
Send letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Anticipated start date: August 15, 2017.
CITEC Business Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.