Lean Six Sigma combines the efficiencies of Lean with a highly data-driven component that spotlights quantifiable results.
"We have data overload. We collect the data, but don't do anything with it." We hear this all the time from our clients.
Lean Six Sigma combines the efficiencies of Lean with a highly data-driven component that spotlights quantifiable results. Lean Six Sigma helps identify what data you actually need, and how to use that data to build solutions to problems. Lean Six Sigma tools assess the issues, prioritize them, locate the direct sources of the problems, and drive solutions.
CITEC certifies three levels of Lean Six Sigma proficiency.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Contact Steve Lockwood for more information. (
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt develops team understanding and effectiveness in supporting Six Sigma projects throughout a facility. The program builds day-to-day workplace activities resulting in reduction of cycle times, improved quality, and less waste.
The Yellow Belt training covers the following topics:
- What is Lean Six Sigma
- Understanding and Developing the SIPOC Diagram
- Process Mapping (the 6-foot view)
- C&E Matrix
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Basic Statistics
- Data Analysis, Tools and Graphing
- Controlling the Process
Training consists of 12 hours of classroom (virtual or in-person) meetings plus homework assignments.
$600/person if your company sends more than one.
Contact Steve Lockwood if you are interested in participating. (
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt ‒ Advanced
This training is a 16-hour program to provide additional insight into Six Sigma techniques, metrics and basic improvement methods. The following topics are covered:
- Understanding Project Management
- Value Stream Mapping
- Measurement System Analysis
- Control Charts and Analysis Diagrams
- Mathematical Modeling Tools
- Leading Change
- Mistake Proofing
- Putting It All Together in Storyboards
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program is specifically designed to develop the essential skills needed to lead small scale improvement efforts and to support more complex continuous improvement projects.
Lean Six Sigma is a data-based methodology using statistical calculations and techniques. Candidates are not required to have formal education in mathematics or statistics, but an interest in mathematical analysis is desirable.
Successful candidates are interested in process improvement, use big-picture thinking, have a desire to learn, and the ability to spend 30-50 percent of their work time on their focus project.
- Define: Process management and team dynamics
- Collect the voice of the customer
- Create communication plan
- Select team
- Launch project
- Measure: Process analysis and documentation using statistics to define process capability
- Create a data collection plan
- Validate measurement systems
- Analyze: Data analysis and hypothesis testing
- Define process capability and identify root causes of variation
- Improve: Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Identify alternative solutions, develop models and validate solutions
- Control: Implement and validate solutions and incorporate controls to maintain the results.
- Develop implementation and control/response plan, develop training and standard work
- Transition project to process owner
This course prepares you for ASQ Certification CSSGB.
Certification from this program requires full attendance, participation, and completion of all assignments. Extensions and make-ups may be arranged on a case-by-case basis.
Classroom Leader and Project Coach
Kate Chepeleff is a project/process engineer with more than 20 years of engineering experience in heavy industry and manufacturing with leading companies including Corning and Alcoa. She is a certified Lean Green Belt and Six Sigma Black Belt with strong communication skills applied across many levels of an organization. She is recognized for her leadership on transformational team-based initiatives, continuous improvement expertise, and as a results-driven change agent. Kate has a solid background in training program development and delivery.
Note: Funding may be available to help defray the costs. Please contact Steve Lockwood immediately for details.
These programs run as open sessions throughout the year. We can also customize these programs to meet the specific needs of your facility. Check our upcoming events, or contact Steve Lockwood for more information: